Skip to content ↓
St Mary's RC High School

St Mary’s RC High School

View More

Options Evening

Dear Parents/Carers

 

I have decided to postpone the Options Evening which was scheduled for Thursday evening and this will now take place next Tuesday 6th March at 7.00 p.m.

 

I have been following the weather forecast for much of this week and the latest forecast is for potential snow and blizzards during Thursday afternoon and evening. There is an amber weather warning in place.  I am conscious of the twenty five staff who will be in school until 8.30 pm as well as asking you all to come into school on Thursday evening when driving conditions might not be pleasant or safe.

 

Of course, now I have made this decision there won’t be as much snow as they are forecasting, conditions won’t be as bad and I will probably look silly but its better to be cautious.  I am also mindful that rescheduling the evening will result in some parents not being able to make next Tuesday.  If that is the case and you have some questions about the options process, please ring the school and ask to speak to me.

 

I am sorry for all of us for this inconvenience but hopefully this is the most sensible decision and I hope to see you next Tuesday.

 

Yours faithfully

Mr Shannon

Acting Head Teacher