Our Mission Statement
St. Mary’s exists to serve the Catholic communities of Hereford, Ross, Ledbury, Leominster and surrounding areas.
We are here to educate the children in a community which has Gospel values, traditions and beliefs of the Roman Catholic Faith as the kernel of its ethos.
The mission of the school is:
- To develop an understanding and love of the Catholic faith in our school community enabling all to grow in the appreciation that the school is a community of believers.
- To value the contribution that all staff bring, knowing that together we strive to build the Kingdom of God.
- To foster the integration of various aspects of human development – spiritual, moral, emotional, social, physical and intellectual.
- To maintain practical support, guidance and affirmation for all in the school community.
- To prepare pupils for their future life in today’s world.
To achieve these aims the School will:
- Have an R.E. Programme which encourages faith development and meets the directives of Church authorities.
- Have opportunities to experience what it is to be part of a Worshipping Community.
- Develop appropriate systems whereby each individual feels a sense of justice, love and value.
- Support initiatives which train pupils to develop as independent young adults able to take responsibility.
- Co-operate in the formation of meaningful cross-curricular links.
Our mission statement is at the heart of collective worship at St Mary’s Roman Catholic High School.