Welcome to Year 7 History @ St. Mary’s RC High
- 3 fulltime specialist teachers – Zoe Hunter-Miller, Emma Thomas, Lewis Carter
- 1 fulltime non-specialist teacher – Paul Bayliss
- 4 periods a fortnight
- 6 challenging inquiries over the academic year focusing on the development of Church, state and society in Medieval Britain 1066-1509 and a local study, including:
- What is history?
- Why did William win the Battle of Hastings?
- How did William conquer and control England?
- How did the relationship between the rulers and the ruled change during the Middle Ages?
- What was the impact of the Black Death on places like Herefordshire?
- How did local castles change over time?
- 1 school trip to a local castle
- 4 assessments over the academic year including: tests, essays and oral presentations.