We at St Mary’s RC High School believe that it is always unacceptable for a child to experience abuse of any kind.
We recognise our responsibility to safeguard the welfare of all children.
We will provide staff and volunteers with guidance to follow when they suspect a child may be experiencing abuse or at risk of harm.
We will work co-operatively with other agencies to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
We will ensure that our concerns about our pupils are discussed with parents / carers first – unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child's welfare.
- Designated Safeguarding Lead: Mrs Angela Leslie
- Governor with responsibility for Safeguarding: Mrs Marian Smith
We will review our policy and procedures on an annual basis.
Do you have a concern about a child? Click Here
Safeguarding Documents (please click to view)
- Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy 2023
- Working Together to Safeguard Children
- Prevent Duty Guidance (HM Government)
- Prevent duty (DfE)
- Information Sharing
- What to do if you’re worried a child is being abused
- Governors’ Handbook
- Guidance for Safer Working Practices
- Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence Advice
- Herefordshire Council Peer-on-Peer (Child-on-Child) Abuse Policy 2021
- Student Friendly Peer-on-Peer Abuse Policy September 2023
- Keeping Children Safe in Education